Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blog #8

Throughout my papers, what I've had the most problems with is leaving some paragraphs undeveloped and short. I tend to only state the situation and what the authors say. What I need to do is expand on the paragraphs. What I will do is use the strategies that I presented today in front of the class. I will "frame the quotes that I use" to both extend the paragraphs and further develop them. I will explain a quote before and after and try to show it's relevance to the topic and discussion. For example, in my first essay, instead of just saying that "Barberio believes that 'search engines...are closer to slot machines that library catalogues' (Pg. 1, Col. 2)", I could say "Barberio believes that 'search engines...are closer to slot machines than library catalogues' (Pg. 1, Col. 2). In other words, students simply put in key words to find what they are looking for much like putting money in a slot machine." This will improve my papers mainly because it will show a better understanding of what the author is saying and how it ties into the topic. It also improves them because extends the paragraphs which lengthens the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment